Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 27 - Vienna Rosengarten

Vienna has the most parks of any European capital, and one of them is the charming Rosengarten, or Rose Garden. Ljuba took us there to rest up from walking all around the Ringstrasse, the inner ring of Vienna that encircles the old town area. From the garden you can see many old buildings, including Parliament and the Rathaus.

The park is spacious and surprisingly quiet considering it's nestled in between so many buildings, roads and the tramline. I love roses and enjoyed the fragrance of the many rose trees and bushes. I recognized the names of many of the antique roses.

Those who know me know how lazy I can be. It has been said by someone who shall remain nameless that I would drive the car down the driveway to get the mail if I could. I can't believe I've been slandered like that! Well, I've made up for it by all the walking I've done here in Austria, especially in Vienna. You can't drive in large parts of the old town so you can imagine how I relish the opportunity to sit down when I can. The benches in Rosengarten were irresistible!













No comments:

Post a Comment