Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chapter 24 - Sightseeing in Vienna, Part 2

Just thought I'd show some pictures of buildings and other things that caught my eye.

I love the way a lot of buildings wrap around the
corner. I'd love to live in a flat that has one
of those round rooms. What a view!


This is a street near Stephanplatz. A lot of local
artists sell drawings of Vienna buildings.


Note the statues on top of the building.


Another of those wrap-around-the-corner buildings,
but look at the carving of the Greek-style vase.


Everywhere you look you can see these huge bronze statues.






Two big buildings near the Rosengarten.




There are sidewalk cafes on many streets.


I love the building in the middle.


A beautiful bronze fountain. Note the balcony on
the building across the street. Many apartment
buildings have businesses on the ground floor.
Wouldn't you love this view from your living room?

No comments:

Post a Comment