Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chapter 62 - More Parties

I thought I'd do a lighthearted blog entry about some of the fun events we've attended. This is the partyingest group of people I've ever met! They love to celebrate everything. We've taken pictures at many of the events.

For birthdays the person throws his own party, usually around lunchtime in the office. He/she offers drinks and snacks, and everyone drops by to greet, eat and toast.

Bob at his party


This is what we served at Bob's party.


Michael, the company's attorney


Zarko and Andrea at his party


Dragen celebrates at his party with Yu Mei and Bob. She manages the Beijing office.


Chombe (on left), with Spica and me, held his party at the Lower House.


Guests at some of the parties












Karin (back row, second from left) hosted a party to celebrate her recent wedding. The highlight was getting to see the pictures of the event on her computer.


Dragen hosted a party just to celebrate life. This is the first time I've ever seen a whole pig on a spit. Quite delicious!


Here I'm trying to forget that Meg once collected cute little pigs. I'm just trying to think about bacon and ham.


Vladimir hosted a party at the Lower House to celebrate his new flat.


This was the first time I've ever seen a whole lamb on the spit, a favorite tradition at parties over here. It was quite tasty.


Visiting consultant Alberto from Rome shows his favorite quaff.


Mijo and Kreso, two of Hotwell's owners and co-founders


People chat ...


and get more convivial as the party goes into the wee hours.


Like children everywhere, the kids congregate together.


Soccer games are opportunities to socialize. At this game Spica tried to explain the finer points of soccer to me (hopeless effort - I'm addicted to American football).


Goran's son, Sasha, plays on a junior team for Klingenbach.


Spica and Svetlana's niece, Ivana, was visiting from Serbia.


We actually did watch some of the game.


Yu Mei and I chatting at another soccer game.


Liliana (on right) from Venezuela and her visiting sister, Laura, at the shower for Liliana's new baby due next month.


Wedding and baby showers aren't held in Europe so this was the first baby shower for everyone except Liliana, Laura and me.


It was fun to play shower games. I won two of them, but then I've had lots of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment